PORTLAND, ME (November 16, 2023) – Legacy Properties Sotheby’s International Realty, Maine and New Hampshire’s leading luxury property company, with offices in Portland, Kennebunk, Brunswick, Damariscotta, Camden, and Northeast Harbor, announces that new listing inventory in New Hampshire increased 3.7 percent for single family homes and 14.1 percent for townhouse-condo properties in October. Pending sales increased 3.1 percent for single-family homes and 15.9 percent for townhouse-condo properties, while inventory decreased 5.5 percent for single family homes and 4.9 percent for townhouse-condo properties.
The Median Sales Price in New Hampshire was up 11.1 percent to $477,000 for single family homes and 11.6 percent to $401,750 for townhouse-condo properties. Days on Market decreased 19.2 percent for single-family homes and 9.1 percent for townhouse-condo properties. Months Supply of Inventory increased 17.6 percent for single family homes and 14.3 percent for townhouse-condo properties.
Total U.S. housing inventory going into October was at 1.13 million units, up 2.7% from the previous month but down 8.1% compared to the same time last year, for a 3.4 months’ supply at the current sales pace, according to NAR. The shortage of homes for sale is making it harder for buyers to find a home to purchase while at the same time pushing sales prices higher nationwide, with the median existing-home sales price rising 2.8% annually to $394,300, the third consecutive month of year-over-year price increases.
The graphic below gives a thorough overview of the New Hampshire Single Family Residential Activity in October compared with the same period last year.
Legacy Properties Sotheby’s International Realty can be reached at 207-780-8900 and firstname.lastname@example.org. Legacy Properties Sotheby’s International Realty, with offices in Portland, Kennebunk, Brunswick, Damariscotta, Camden, and Northeast Harbor, is Maine and New Hampshire’s leading luxury and lifestyle property company with six offices and more than 100 agents serving Maine and New Hampshire’s coastal, lake, and mountain communities.
Offices Located at:
- 2 City Center, Portland, ME 04101 // 207.780.8900 (Greater Portland)
- 150 Port Road, Kennebunk, ME 04043 // 207.967.0934 (Southern Maine and Seacoast New Hampshire)
- 141 Maine Street, Brunswick, ME 04011 // 207.729.2820 (Mid Coast Maine)
- 170 Main Street, Damariscotta 04543 // 207.563.2775 (Boothbay Harbor, Damariscotta and Bristol Regions)
- 46 Bay View Street, Camden, ME 04843 // 207.230.1003 (Camden, Rockport, and Knox and Waldo County)
- 6 Neighborhood Road, Northeast Harbor, ME 04662 // 207.780.8900 (Mount Desert Island, Hancock and Washington County)