PORTLAND, ME (May 2021) – Legacy Properties Sotheby’s International Realty, Maine’s leading luxury property company, with offices in Portland, Kennebunk, Brunswick, Damariscotta, Camden, and Northeast Harbor reports strong home buyer demand continued across Maine last month, with Realtors reporting 1,313 single-family existing home sales—a sales jump of 16.81 percent over March 2020. According to statistics released today by Maine Listings, the statewide median sales price (MSP) reached $268,500, an increase of 17.79 percent compared to March 2020. The MSP indicates that half of the homes were sold for more and half sold for less.
“Maine residential real estate sales volume and median sold values showed continued strength during March 2021,” says Aaron Bolster, Broker/Owner of Allied Realty in Skowhegan and President of the Maine Association of REALTORS®. “The pace in the residential real estate market continues to be rapid. For March 2021, the statewide days on market statistic was 11 days, compared to 48 days for March 2020.”
The National Association of Realtors reported a 10.4 percent nationwide increase compared to the March 2020 statistics. Prices also rose 18.4 percent to reach a national MSP of $334,500. Regionally, sales in the Northeast jumped 16.9 percent and the regional MSP increased 21.4 percent to $364,800 comparing March 2021 to March 2020.
“In this fast-moving market, homes become available for sale and are immediately met with pent-up buyer demand,” added Bolster. “Whether you’re a seller or a buyer, start working with a REALTOR® when you first think about transacting real estate so that you’re fully prepared and ready to take action.”
Below are two charts showing statistics for Maine and its 16 counties. The first chart lists statistics for the month of March 2020 and 2021 only, statewide. The second chart compares the number of existing, single-family homes sold (units) and volume (MSP) during the rolling three months of January, February and March (2020/2021).
Legacy Properties Sotheby’s International Realty can be reached at 207-780-8900 and firstname.lastname@example.org. Legacy Properties Sotheby’s International Realty, with offices in Portland, Kennebunk, Brunswick, Damariscotta, Camden and Northeast Harbor, is Maine’s leading luxury and lifestyle property company with more than 80 agents and six offices serving Maine coastal communities from York County to Hancock County as well as Seacoast New Hampshire.
Offices Located at:
- 2 City Center, Portland, ME 04101 // 207.780.8900 (Greater Portland Maine Real Estate)
- 150 Port Road, Kennebunk, ME 04043 // 207.967.0934 (Southern Maine and Seacoast New Hampshire Real Estate)
- 141 Maine Street, Brunswick, ME 04011 // 207.729.2820 (Mid Coast Maine Real Estate)
- 170 Main Street, Damariscotta 04543 // 207.563.2775 (Boothbay Harbor, Damariscotta and Bristol Regions Real Estate)
- 46 Bay View Street, Camden, ME 04843 // 207.230.1003 (Camden, Rockport, and Knox and Waldo County Real Estate)
- 6 Neighborhood Road, Northeast Harbor, ME 04662 // 207.780.8900 (Mount Desert Island, Hancock and Washington Co. Real Estate)