As you browse Cape Elizabeth, ME real estate listings, consider the following neighborhoods:
- The Oakhurst area has a "tree lined street" feeling, and residents can join a beach association for access to a small local beach close by.
- Delano Park has generously-sized homes, in a quiet and peaceful area.
- Surf Road area neighborhoods have access to Casino Beach, which adds to the community feel.
- Mountain View Park has lovely historic homes and is very kid friendly. It’s also within walking distance of Willard Square, which offers an ice cream shop and a bakery among other quaint shops.
- Brentwood / Scott Dyer Road area is walking distance to schools.
Cape Elizabeth school system
Annually ranked among the most prestigious public schools in Maine, Cape Elizabeth prides itself on a highly competitive school system. Students consistently perform very well on state proficiency tests. At the high school level, Cape Elizabeth offers Advanced Placement (AP) college-level curriculum options to prepare students for college-level work.
What makes Cape Elizabeth special
Cape Elizabeth ME real estate listings tend to highlight the following community assets:
Fort Williams is home to the most photographed lighthouse in the world, Portland Head Light. The 90-acre complex features a beach, tennis courts, baseball diamond, grandstand, gazebo for events, cliff walk, and extensive lawns.
- Crescent Beach State Park is a mile-long crescent shaped beach with gentle waves and trails for exploring.
- Two Lights State Park’s rocky headlands offer spectacular views of Casco Bay and the Atlantic.
- Cape Elizabeth Land Trust’s preservation efforts have yielded a town-wide trail network featuring miles of trails through woodlands, fields and coastline, and wide swaths of preserved land.
- The Greenbelt Trail network is maintained by the Town of Cape Elizabeth and strives to preserve green space and open areas for public recreation.
- Working farmlands contribute greatly to the scenic character of Cape Elizabeth, and their farm stands offer fresh local produce.
For even more information on the Town of Cape Elizabeth, please please click here to read our “Town of Cape Elizabeth, ME Local Guide."