From early on, Charlene has had a passion for real estate and has purchased and renovated several properties. In 2009, she decided to pursue her interest full-time. After joining and then managing a local real estate franchise, she joined Legacy Properties Sotheby's International Realty in 2012. She has experience in both residential and commercial real estate.
Charlene has traveled extensively with her career, both around the world and also throughout the state of Maine. Her knowledge of Maine areas, such as Rangeley Lakes, Moosehead Lake, and the Mid-Coast/Downeast area lets her advise clients looking for a particular lifestyle and help them find the perfect property and location. Charlene currently lives in Augusta, the state capital, which provides great access to all these areas as well as the Belgrade Lakes and other communities in Central Maine.
Active in her local community, she was most recently on the Maine Technology Institute IT Board, currently serves as a trustee and Treasurer for the Greater Augusta Utilities District, and is a director on the Kennebec Valley Board of Realtors.
Formerly from the mid-Hudson Valley in NY, she moved to Maine in 1980. She received a B.S. in Forest Biology from Syracuse University and an M.S. in Computer Science from the University of Maine at Orono. She has 3 children – 2 sons who are in Augusta and a daughter in Gisborne, New Zealand.
I found Charlene Hamiwka quite by accident while looking on the Internet at properties on the coast of Maine. Thank goodness I emailed her for some information on one of the listings because it was the beginning of a relationship which culminated (after six months and over 100 properties) in our finding exactly the house of our dreams. When we began we really weren't sure what the object of our search was. We had spent 25 years camping and hiking in Maine but really had very little hard information about land ownership in the coastal areas. We currently live in Massachusetts so our search began from a distance and through the Internet. We also made six trips and at last are the pleased owners of a property which is perfectly suited to us, thanks to Charlene. This is what she provided to us:
1) She took the time to provide us with a crash course in real estate hunting including suggested areas for concentration, local regulations, cultural specialties of each locale and the advantages and disadvantages of various situations.
2) I would email her with a long list of mls numbers for houses I had selected on the Internet. Charlene reviewed each and sent her comments and observations. When we couldn't check them out ourselves immediately she often was able to visit herself and send us photos.
3) On several trips we would meet for visits all arranged by Charlene in which she would spend the entire day with us driving from property to property all the while thoroughly exploring and evaluating the pros and cons.
4) Charlene actually represented us in a few preliminary negotiations prior to our final sale. She always was on the lookout for our interests and worked with us by offering her suggestions and advice. We felt that we were approaching the project as a team.
5) Because the search extended over a long period of time I was particularly grateful for the rapidity of her email replies. Even though I know that she was busy, she somehow found the time to make me feel that our search was important to her and that she was even enjoying it herself.
6) Once we were in the final negotiations she was thorough and looking out for interests in every detail.
In short, from our experience with Charlene Hamiwka I highly recommend her as a real estate agent. Her honesty, integrity, diligence and patience are qualities which are particularly prized these days and to top it off her good humor made the entire adventure of finding a new home actually fun.